The Tax Manager will manage and facilitate the accurate preparation and filing of our company’s state and federal tax forms. The Tax Manager creates and implements tax plans and works with the accounting and leadership teams to identify opportunities for process improvement and potential areas of risk. The Tax Manager will ensure compliance with state federal and international tax law through a series of systems and system controls that are designed to ensure accurate, timely reporting. They will monitor current and impending changes to tax regulation and make the appropriate updates to policies and strategies.
- Prepare, supervise, and review complex income tax returns for multi-state operators, dispensaries, processors, and facilities in both the recreational and medical space.
- Research and solve for complex tax issues, including IRC §280E, and present creative, forward-thinking solutions
- Analyze financial information and participate in the forecast process
- Lead all phases of an assignment including, strategy, research, planning, compliance, and thorough review/analysis
- Respond in a timely and professional manner to communications from the IRS and other taxing authorities
- Facilitate and manage the preparation and review company federal tax returns and the accurate, timely filing of all tax forms.
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of consolidated federal, state and local income tax returns and other business-related filings.
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning for all necessary federal and state taxes.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Tax or similar field; Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a tax manager or public accountant role
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a management role.
- Preferred candidates have a current CPA license
- Extensive individual/corporate/partnership tax knowledge
- Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).